AGL’s Content Producer Chris Williamson sat down with Wiebe Wakker, who is challenging the myth of the short-ranged electric vehicle with a 93,000km EV road trip.
Wiebe is the creator of the Plug Me In Project, which has taken him – and his EV, a converted VW Golf – across 33 countries from the Netherlands to Australia over three years, all without visiting a single petrol station.
Also covered in their conversation:
- How Australia made him want to make the 93,000km road trip
- Why the world’s biggest producer of oil is embracing renewables – in a big way
- How infrastructure is the biggest hurdle facing the Australian market
- Why EVs are perfect for Australian drivers
- Why Coober Pedy is his favourite place