The Australia Council of Superannuation Investors (ACSI) has released new data about gender diversity in Australia’s boardrooms.
As of 7 March 2016:
- Women comprise 22% of ASX200 boards (2015: 19%)
- Boards of ASX50 companies comprise 27% women
- Boards of the ASX201-300 comprise 16% women.
- Only two companies in the ASX100 still have no women on their boards
- Women have represented slightly more than 50% (19/37) of all appointments announced for ASX200 companies so far in 2016.
More information is available here.
As reported in our 2015 Sustainability Report, women make up 25% of the AGL Board.